According to reports from Sky Sources, Liverpool has rejected Philippe Coutinho’s transfer request, with the club insisting they will not welcome any offers for the player this summer.
The Brazillian International has been on the radar of Barcelona this transfer season and recently the Spanish giants were turned down by the Anfield side for a bid of around £90million.
Coutinho has openly expressed his interests lying with Barcelona and in an attempt to force through his move, he informed Liverpool of his wish to quit Anfield via an email.
— James Pearce (@JamesPearceEcho) August 11, 2017
Liverpool had denied initial reports that Coutinho had expressed a wish to leave but it has now come out that the 25-year-old submitted his intentions sometime after Jurgen Klopp’s scheduled pre-match press conference.
The news regarding Coutinho’s transfer request emerged only hours after Liverpool’s owners had issued a statement stressing their decision that the 25-year-old would not be sold during the current transfer window.
Liverpool’s owner Fenway Sports Group made a statement in the morning stating that they would not consider selling Coutinho at any price.
Liverpool owners FSG say no offers will be considered for Philippe Coutinho & he will be Liverpool player when summer transfer window closes
— Kaveh Solhekol (@SkyKaveh) August 11, 2017
‘The club’s definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes.”
But a member of Coutinho’s family reportedly told Sky Sports: ‘Coutinho has tried very hard to find an amicable solution to this but failed so far. Coutinho has a tremendous love for Liverpool fans but like Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez have pointed out in the past, Liverpool does not let players leave on amicable terms’.
At a pre-match press conference, Klopp spoke regarding FSG’s statement- ”I think if somebody, in this case FSG, is saying something like this, that is the statement.
”I have said what the club’s decision is about this and now you can read it – that is maybe the only difference. And that is the way it will go.”
Klopp was also asked about trying to keep Coutinho happy, to which he replied, “I can’t keep players happy. That’s how life is.”
”It’s not about this at the moment. Phil is not available for us and that for me is the bigger issue. All the rest is just between me and all the boys, not just Phil.”
Although Coutinho made an astonishing move by handing in the transfer request, Liverpool’s decision remains unaltered and his request has been rejected.
Liverpool has already rejected three bids from Barcelona for Coutinho as the Catalan Giants seek a replacement for Neymar. The Anfield side is in no mood of letting go of Coutinho, at-least this summer for sure.
854 total views, 9 views today