At the age of thirty-one, Christiano Ronaldo’s fitness level, crazy work ethic, and incredible athletic physique are pure motivation, which has just now earned him his fourth Ballon d’Or. Besides long and intense team practices and footwork training, Cristiano focuses on improving his strength, stamina, speed, and functional movements. He trains long and hard, eats sensibly, and takes long naps, everything necessary for an athlete.
Cristiano Ronaldo works out 3 to 4 hours each day, around 5 days a week. He engages in different cardio, sprinting and technical drills, along with gym resistance sessions.
He performs crazy soccer skill drills on a daily basis which supercharges the fat burning process and helps him maintain that low body fat.
Ronaldo also gives his body a minimum 8 hours of sleep each night to ensure that he is well rested and ready to perform at his peak on game day, so make sure after you do all that hard work you get a good night’s rest to recover.
Cristiano Ronaldo Diet Plan
- Meal frequency: The daily food intake is divided into 6 smaller meals separated by a period of 2-4 hours. This helps to control his body’s metabolism
- A diet with sufficient quantity of protein: His diet comprises plenty of lean meat as high protein intake is necessary for muscle repair
- Supplements for recovery: Protein shakes, joint supplements, multi-vitamins
- Enough vegetables: Since vegetables have lots of minerals and vitamins, they are needed for recovery
- Sugary foods are avoided: Foods and drinks with high sugar content cause accumulation of fat and slows down metabolism
Cristiano Ronaldo Diet Chart
- Breakfast: Whole-wheat or whole-grain cereal, egg whites, fruit juice
- Lunch: Whole-wheat pasta, green vegetables, baked potato, chicken with salad
- Snack: Tuna roll with fruit juice/lemon juice
- Dinner: Rice with pulses, chicken or turkey breasts, beans, and fruits
Cristiano Ronaldo Workout Routine
- Daily practice for 3-4 hours assuring a low-fat level (less than 10 percent)
- Cardio exercises including several running sessions, each lasting for 25-30 minutes
- Short-period exercises such as high intensity sprinting drills
- Technical drills for improving ball control and skills
- Tactical exercises to relate or communicate better with the teammates
- Training in the gym for development of specific muscles, as also for increasing total body strength
Cristiano Ronaldo Body Measurements
- Height: 6′ 1″ (1.85 m)
- Weight: 176 lbs (80 kg)
- Shoe Size: 9 (US)
- Chest: 43 inches.
- Waist: 33 inches.
- Thighs: 24.5 inches.
- Arms/Biceps: 13 inches.
Cristiano Ronaldo Workout Schedule
Ronaldo’s training philosophy is to work out 3-4 hours a day on 5 days of a week. Moreover, he sleeps for at least 8 hours every night, which gives his body enough rest to recover after a day’s hard work. To achieve and maintain a powerful, shredded, and athletic body like CR7, you can follow this Ronaldo-inspired training program.
The circuit should be repeated thrice
- Barbell Squat (reps: 8)
- Box Jump (20 inches, reps: 10)
- Broad Jump (reps: 8)
- Jumping Lunge (reps: 8 for each leg)
- Lateral Bound (12 inches, reps: 10)
The entire circuit is to be repeated thrice
- Burpee Pullup (reps: 10-15)
- Bench Dips (reps: 20)
- Pushups (reps: 20-30)
- Medicine Ball Toss (reps: 15)
- Push Press (reps: 10)
Concentrate on Quads or Cardio workouts
- Power Cleans (sets: 5, reps: 5)
- Sprinting (sets: 8, reps: 200 meters)
Focus on Stability and Core exercises for a tight and sculpted abs
- One-Arm Side Deadlift (for each arm sets: 3, reps: 5)
- Dumbbell One-Legged Deadlift (sets: 2, reps: 10)
- Knee Tuck Jump (sets: 3, reps: 10-12)
- Overhead Slam (sets: 3, reps: 10-12)
- One-Leg Barbell Squat (sets: 2, reps: 5)
- Hanging Leg Raise (sets: 3, reps: 10-15)
- Rope Jumping (sets: 10, rest: 1 min)
- Resistance Sprinting (sets: 10, reps: 50 meters)
Here’s a video to give you a better insight.