Friday,December 2,2022

Jude Bellingham to Discuss Borussia Dortmund Future After World Cup

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has revealed they are planning to sit down with Jude Bellingham after the 2022 World Cup to discuss the English midfielder’s future at the club.

Bellingham has established himself as one of the hottest prospects in European football. The 19-year-old joined Borussia Dortmund in 2020 and has since been impressive for the Bundesliga giants.

A move away from Dortmund, sooner or later, has always been mooted. Jude Bellingham has also attracted transfer interest from a number of European heavyweights. Among the clubs linked with Bellingham are Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, and Real Madrid.

Watzke has now confirmed they want to hear from Bellingham after the World Cup whether he wants to stay at Dortmund or not.

Jude Bellingham to discuss his Borussia Dortmund future after the 2022 World Cup

Jude Bellingham to discuss his Borussia Dortmund future after 2022 World Cup
Jude Bellingham to discuss his Borussia Dortmund future after the 2022 World Cup

Speaking to BILD, Watzke confirmed Dortmund will have a conversation with Bellingham to understand what the young midfielder wants.

Watzke said they want to sit down with Bellingham, his parents, and his advisors to discuss the England international’s future. He also conceded Dortmund can’t afford to fight financially when the European heavyweights interested in Bellingham come calling for him.

I think as soon as Qatar is over, we’re going to have a basic conversation about what he actually wants,” Watzke told BILD. “With him, with his parents, with whom we have a very close relationship, and of course with his advisor.

And then he should just tell us whether he wants to stay or whether he wants to go. Either way, we’ll discuss it pleasantly and reasonably.

- Advertisement -

But we don’t have to pretend that the topic isn’t on the table. When the really big [teams] are there, we can’t afford to fight financially either.

Since signing for Borussia Dortmund, Bellingham has featured in 112 games for the German side and has scored 19 goals. He has made 22 appearances across all competitions for Dortmund so far in the 22/23 season. Bellingham has also racked up nine goals from those appearances.

- Advertisement - 10crirc

Bellingham’s current contract with Borussia Dortmund runs until 2025. That means he has more than two-and-a-half years left on his current deal with the Bundesliga side.

- Advertisement - 10crirc

Meanwhile, Bellingham was one of the 26 players England manager Gareth Southgate named in the Three Lions squad for the upcoming FIFA World Cup. England are in Group B at Qatar 2022, with Three Lions drawn alongside the USA, Wales, and Iran.

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has revealed they are planning to sit down with Jude Bellingham after the 2022 World Cup to discuss the English midfielder’s future at the club.

Bellingham has established himself as one of the hottest prospects in European football. The 19-year-old joined Borussia Dortmund in 2020 and has since been impressive for the Bundesliga giants.

A move away from Dortmund, sooner or later, has always been mooted. Jude Bellingham has also attracted transfer interest from a number of European heavyweights. Among the clubs linked with Bellingham are Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, and Real Madrid.

Watzke has now confirmed they want to hear from Bellingham after the World Cup whether he wants to stay at Dortmund or not.

Jude Bellingham to discuss his Borussia Dortmund future after the 2022 World Cup

Jude Bellingham to discuss his Borussia Dortmund future after 2022 World Cup
Jude Bellingham to discuss his Borussia Dortmund future after the 2022 World Cup

Speaking to BILD, Watzke confirmed Dortmund will have a conversation with Bellingham to understand what the young midfielder wants.

Watzke said they want to sit down with Bellingham, his parents, and his advisors to discuss the England international’s future. He also conceded Dortmund can’t afford to fight financially when the European heavyweights interested in Bellingham come calling for him.

I think as soon as Qatar is over, we’re going to have a basic conversation about what he actually wants,” Watzke told BILD. “With him, with his parents, with whom we have a very close relationship, and of course with his advisor.

And then he should just tell us whether he wants to stay or whether he wants to go. Either way, we’ll discuss it pleasantly and reasonably.

But we don’t have to pretend that the topic isn’t on the table. When the really big [teams] are there, we can’t afford to fight financially either.

Since signing for Borussia Dortmund, Bellingham has featured in 112 games for the German side and has scored 19 goals. He has made 22 appearances across all competitions for Dortmund so far in the 22/23 season. Bellingham has also racked up nine goals from those appearances.

Bellingham’s current contract with Borussia Dortmund runs until 2025. That means he has more than two-and-a-half years left on his current deal with the Bundesliga side.

Meanwhile, Bellingham was one of the 26 players England manager Gareth Southgate named in the Three Lions squad for the upcoming FIFA World Cup. England are in Group B at Qatar 2022, with Three Lions drawn alongside the USA, Wales, and Iran.

Google News Icon

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has revealed they are planning to sit down with Jude Bellingham after the 2022 World Cup to discuss the English midfielder’s future at the club.

Bellingham has established himself as one of the hottest prospects in European football. The 19-year-old joined Borussia Dortmund in 2020 and has since been impressive for the Bundesliga giants.

A move away from Dortmund, sooner or later, has always been mooted. Jude Bellingham has also attracted transfer interest from a number of European heavyweights. Among the clubs linked with Bellingham are Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, and Real Madrid.

Watzke has now confirmed they want to hear from Bellingham after the World Cup whether he wants to stay at Dortmund or not.

Jude Bellingham to discuss his Borussia Dortmund future after the 2022 World Cup

Jude Bellingham to discuss his Borussia Dortmund future after 2022 World Cup
Jude Bellingham to discuss his Borussia Dortmund future after the 2022 World Cup

Speaking to BILD, Watzke confirmed Dortmund will have a conversation with Bellingham to understand what the young midfielder wants.

Watzke said they want to sit down with Bellingham, his parents, and his advisors to discuss the England international’s future. He also conceded Dortmund can’t afford to fight financially when the European heavyweights interested in Bellingham come calling for him.

I think as soon as Qatar is over, we’re going to have a basic conversation about what he actually wants,” Watzke told BILD. “With him, with his parents, with whom we have a very close relationship, and of course with his advisor.

And then he should just tell us whether he wants to stay or whether he wants to go. Either way, we’ll discuss it pleasantly and reasonably.

But we don’t have to pretend that the topic isn’t on the table. When the really big [teams] are there, we can’t afford to fight financially either.

Since signing for Borussia Dortmund, Bellingham has featured in 112 games for the German side and has scored 19 goals. He has made 22 appearances across all competitions for Dortmund so far in the 22/23 season. Bellingham has also racked up nine goals from those appearances.

Bellingham’s current contract with Borussia Dortmund runs until 2025. That means he has more than two-and-a-half years left on his current deal with the Bundesliga side.

Meanwhile, Bellingham was one of the 26 players England manager Gareth Southgate named in the Three Lions squad for the upcoming FIFA World Cup. England are in Group B at Qatar 2022, with Three Lions drawn alongside the USA, Wales, and Iran.

TRENDING NEWS

WATCH: Dinesh Karthik pulls off a breathtaking catch to dismiss Quinton De Kock

Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Dinesh Karthik grabbed a breathtaking running catch to dismiss Quinton De Kock during the match against Mumbai Indians at the...

EDITORS PICK

LATEST NEWS

MUST READ NEWS