Liverpool News: Sebastian Kehl, the sporting director for Borussia Dortmund, has said that the club has not received any offers for Jude Bellingham this summer and that they would strive to keep the English star in 2023.
The young Three Lions player has Liverpool’s interest. Although Thiago Alcantara, Naby Keita, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Curtis Jones are presently out injured, the Reds are eager to sign a midfielder now due to their injury crisis. He is their top target for next summer.
The youthful ex-Birmingham City player is their top target, but the Merseysiders realise they’re unlikely to wrest him away from the Westfalenstadion before the transfer window closes.
As one of the top players in the Bundesliga, Bellingham was runner-up to Barcelona midfielder Pedri in the Golden Boy voting last year. He is once again nominated for the prestigious accolade in 2022.
Liverpool News: Bellingham’s career so far
Bellingham made his senior debut for Championship Birmingham as a 16-year-old in August 2019 and later played 44 games for the team that season before finalising a transfer to Dortmund for an initial £25 million deal in July 2020.
He has made 95 appearances for Dortmund so far, 18 of which have been in European play, continuing his impressive run in Germany. In May 2021, the midfielder had a vital role in the German powerhouses’ DFB-Pokal victory, his burgeoning career’s first significant honour.
Bellingham’s contract still has three years left, and it’s thought that Dortmund has set a price tag of £115 million for him. A proposal for Bellingham has not yet been submitted to Dortmund, according to Kehl.
What did Kehl say?
Kehl told reporters on Saturday that he had not received any requests. Certainly, there is a lot of interest.
In addition, Kehl stated that Dortmund had “nothing” to ponder and suggested that Bellingham might stay with the team past the summer of 2023. When asked if he will stay, Kehl responded, “I hope so. He is really at ease with us,” we say.
What was said by Bellingham?
In May, when questioned about his future, Bellingham replied: “The upcoming game for Dortmund is the only future I consider. I’m excited about the upcoming season. I eagerly await the beginning of it. But I will be here and prepared for the upcoming season.”
Prior to this, Klopp has claimed that Liverpool will wait to add a new midfielder until the ideal player becomes available. Given the teenager’s spectacular start to his professional career, there is a strong possibility that Bellingham may be that city in a year.
What did Klopp say?
Last Monday, before Liverpool lost to Manchester United 2-1, Klopp said: “If the correct player is not available, we tend to say okay, we’ll deal with what we have before we sign a player who is not entirely the right player.
“We have more injuries than we anticipated right now, so bringing in a new midfielder would be good, of course. The fact that we are not in control of our spending is another fact that would follow. That is the current situation; we receive information and then respond to it. There was never a change; it was always the same.”