Manchester United news: Joao Felix is one of the most talented attackers of his generation.
Felix started his professional career with Benfica in 2016 before joining Atletico Madrid in 2019. He has played 86 league games for the Madrid outfit so far, scoring 21 goals.
The 22-year-old attacker played a key role in Madrid’s La Liga triumph in 2019-20 and was also named the Atletico Madrid Player of the Season last term. Felix won the Golden Boy award in 2019 and was part of the La Liga Team of the Season 2021-22.
He is also a key member of the Portugal national team. The Viseu-born attacker has featured in 22 games for his nation since making his debut in 2019.
Manchester United news: The Red Devils approached Joao Felix this summer
Speaking to Marca, Joao Felix spoke about Manchester United’s approach to signing him this summer. He said: “I didn’t hear anything… so that was something for the president to deal with”.
According to Fabrizio Romano, the Manchester outfit showed interest in him during the summer window. However, they didn’t make an official bid as the La Liga club considers the Portugal international untouchable.
The Red Devils have entered a new era under the leadership of Erik ten Hag. The Dutchman spent over £200 million on making reinforcement to his squad during the recently concluded window.
His hard work in the transfer market has started to show dividends as the Manchester outfit is currently on a four-match winning streak in the league.
Steve Nicol blames Cristiano Ronaldo for the defeat against Real Sociedad
Former Liverpool defender Steve Nicol has blamed Cristiano Ronaldo for Manchester United’s 1-0 defeat against Real Sociedad on Friday.
Speaking to the media, he said: ‘I’ll be honest, when you mention the game, the only thing I have in my head is Ronaldo clean through [on goal] and getting caught by two players.
That’s kind of what springs to my mind. And he did have another look. He had a couple of other chances, not as good as that one, but there was just something missing.
Ronaldo was linked with a move away from Old Trafford during the recently concluded transfer window. However, he failed to find a new club and ended up staying in Manchester. The Portugal international has failed to find the back of the net in seven appearances in all competitions this season.