Barcelona Superstar Andres Iniesta’s father has claimed that he does not know anything about Iniesta receiving a mega-offer to head to China.
The Spaniard’s future at Barcelona came under question last year with his previous contract at the Camp Nou due to end at the end of current season. However, Iniesta recently signed a lifetime contract, which reportedly contains a €200 Million release clause in it. Iniesta is currently enjoying an impressive season under Ernesto Valverde, but last week Spanish outlet Sport reopened the transfer saga after reporting that Tianjin Quanjian would offer Iniesta a whopping €35 Million per season to lure him away from Camp Nou.
It is said that Chinese Super League side wants Iniesta to be the face of the league and are eager to make a substantial bid for the Spaniard in the summer. According to Spanish publications Sport, Tianjin Quanjian would offer Iniesta a whopping €35 Million per season, which accounts for about £596,000 per week, to lure him away from Spain.
When quizzed about Andres Iniesta’s potential move to China, Iniesta’s father Jose Antonio said Cadena Ser: “I have not even thought about it. What you see in the newspapers is a lot of money but I have been seeing things like this regarding Andres during the last three years.”
“People ask you about it and it’s normal. Andres has had several offers during his 17 years as a professional. Now nobody has come to tell me I give you the money reported in the newspaper. I’m telling you the truth.”
Andres Iniesta’s father Jose Antonio also admitted that his son’s lifetime contract with Spanish outfit does not mean that he will end his playing career at the Camp Nou, also claiming that Iniesta won’t play for any other European Giants.
Chinese Super League club @TianjinSFC has made an offer to @andresiniesta8 for €35 million per season to leave @FCBarcelona in the summer #Iniesta #FCBarcelona #Transfer #News #Tianjin #China #Soccer #Football #Futbol #Zonasoccer pic.twitter.com/DIxtPgbBWg
— Zona Soccer (@ZonaSoccerTV) February 16, 2018
Senior Iniesta added: “I do the work of father. If he asks me I give him advice. Andres will make the decision. He made it clear in the last renewal. He will go when he thinks that he cannot help here or that he cannot play as much as he wants to enjoy. He wants that the day he chooses it, people understand it.”
“No [nothing would happen if he goes to China]. When Andres says ‘I’m leaving’ people are going to applaud him because they know how honest he is, he’s never going to compete against Barca [for another team in Europe]. He has received offers to do it many times and has not done it and now, with his age, it’s not the time to do it.”
It is said that Barcelona has already been preparing for a Camp Nou without Andres Iniesta. Barcelona finally bought an end to one of the biggest transfer sagas of all time after agreeing to pay a club record fees of £142 Million for Philippe Coutinho. The transfer also broke the record for the highest fee ever received by an English team.
When quizzed about Coutinho being long-term heir to his son, Senior Iniesta said: “I want to think so. I really like football and I saw him play a lot for Liverpool. I want to believe that he will be very good either in the midfield or in a more advanced role. I have no doubt that he will be a great player. Andres’ successor? I cannot tell you. He has to be there for 15 years [to be like Iniesta].”
“Coutinho is a great player, he has to adapt but he’s a great player, the prospect is that he will have a long career [at Barcelona] due to his age and his style. I think he has the Barcelona style and when he finds his place will be an important player for Barcelona.”
Iniesta will be back in action when Barcelona plays Girona on Sunday with hopes of completing their third treble of the decade.
I personally don’t feel that Iniesta is ever gonna move to China. I feel that Iniesta still has a still has a plenty in his tank to give Barcelona before he heads off to play in a sub-standard league in the twilight of his career.