According to ESPN, the Spurs made the surprising decision to remove Josh Primo on Friday night after it was reported that the 2021 pick had frequently exposed himself to the ladies. Primo was a member of the Spurs.
The most recent report, which comes from the evening of Saturday, reveals additional information surrounding Primo’s sudden departure. In his first interview with ESPN on Friday night, the second-year guard said that he knew some fans were surprised by the news and that he was using this time to “focus on his mental health treatment more fully.”
In the statement, Primo said, “I hope to be able to talk about these concerns in the future so that I can help those who have suffered in a similar way.” While he values his privacy right now, Primo said, “I hope to be able to talk about these concerns in the future so that I can help those who have suffered in a similar way.”
According to information provided by Shams Charania of The Athletic, Josh Primo apparently exposed himself to a former member of the Spurs workforce. She is said to have hired Tony Buzbee as her attorney, at least according to the article.
Spurs News: Primo Will Be Able to Sign With Any Team on Monday Once He Has Been Declared Eligible for Waivers
Also Read: Myles Turner and Buddy Hield Are Needed by the Lakers as “Lebron James’ Turnovers”
As the plaintiff’s attorney in the sexual misconduct cases brought against NFL quarterback Deshaun Watson, Buzbee represented the women who accused Watson of inappropriate behaviour.
Primo, who has appeared in four games so far this season and has scored seven points per game on average, will be able to sign with any team on Monday once he has been declared eligible for waivers. ESPN says that a number of NBA teams are interested in signing Primo, but they are waiting until they know more about what is going on with him.
The Spurs selected the Alabama native with the 12th overall choice in the draught, and he had a promising first year with the team, appearing in all 50 games and averaging 5.8 points per game.
The 19-year-old player was reported as being unable to play due to a gluteal ailment that had happened the previous week before the Spurs’ game versus the Bulls on Friday night.
The Media Asked About Primo’s Departure From the Spurs
Also Read: Lavar Ball Anticipated The Lakers Would Participate in Lebron James’ Ruse
According to Spurs Sports & Entertainment CEO RC Buford, San Antonio’s decision to waive the guard “will serve the best interests of both the franchise and Joshua,” he claimed in a statement after the decision was made public.
On Friday, the media asked about Primo’s departure from the Spurs, but Spurs President and Head Coach Gregg Popovich wouldn’t say anything about it. Primo had a career with the Spurs that spanned 54 games and included 16 starts. During that time, he had an average scoring output of 5.9 points per game.
As a reserve player for the Spurs in the first four games of the season, he averaged seven points per game and contributed to the team’s win total. Primo was declared out for Friday’s home game against the Chicago Bulls and did not play in Wednesday’s loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves on the road before being released just one hour before tip-off.
Primo was also listed as out for Friday’s home game against the Chicago Bulls. The Chief Executive Officer of the Spurs, R.C. Buford, issued a statement in which he stated his confidence that the decision would, in the end, work out for both Joshua and the organisation.